Welcome to the website of the Ballymena and District Battalion of the Boys' Brigade
The object of the Boys' Brigade is the advancement of Christ's kingdom among Boys and the promotion of habits of Obedience, Reverence, Discipline and Self-respect and all that tends towards a true Christian manliness.
What is the battalion and what does it do?
- Ballymena and District Battalion has 22 companies with approximately 1300 boys.
- The battalion runs competitions on a local and national level which include football, cross-country, table tennis, volleyball, 10 pin bowling and quizzes.
- Every year a scripture exam is held on the first Sunday of March based on material decided by the Northern Ireland region.
- Every year the battalion organises a Church Parade and a Carol Service.
- Council meetings are held 4 times a year to discuss a number of issues.
The syllabus for the Company Section scripture exam can be found by clicking on the link. Syllabus for 2013-14 Company Section.pdf
The syllabus for the Junior Section scripture exam can be found by clicking on the link. Junior BB Scripture 2013.doc
This year the JS scripture exam will be held on the week commencing 10th February. Could all Junior Section leaders let William Law know how many boys in your company will be entering this year's exam.
A new N.I. district Junior Section 5 a-side football competition is to be held this year. The battalion is required to have a heat before 5th April, if you have any suggestions for date and/or venue can you forwared them onto William Law.
Ballymena and District Battalion is hosting the JS Spring Competition final on 29th March at 1st Ahoghill between 1.30pm - 4.00pm, 8-10 volunteers are required to assist running this competition, if you are interested can you contact William Law.
Could all JS officers in charge forward their contact details onto William Law (email@example.com)
The archery competition will be held in 1st Ballymena church halls on Saturday 15th February. The competition will be for all company section boys and will take the format of an individual competition. Companies entering 3 boys (1 team) will qualify for the team competition. There will be an entry fee of £5 per company which will be charged through battalion. Boys do not have to be experts as a brief training session will be given before the competition. If you are interested in entering contact Jimmy Eccles (firstname.lastname@example.org ) on or before 3rd February